Jim Lowery is among North America's leading tracking experts. In The...
Series: Falcon Guides
By: James C Lowery(Author)
416 pages, illustrations
Venture into an animal's life story through its tracks and signs. More than simply determining where an animal crossed the road, tracking can lead to a study of how the animal uses its habitat, how it travels, where it feeds or hunts, how it breeds and raises its young, and how it survives. In this book, leading tracking expert Jim Lowery distills his remarkable expertise, gained over decades of intensive research and practical field experience, into a comprehensive field guide to tracking North American mammals. Fully illustrated with hundreds of drawings and high-resolution photographs, "The Tracker's Field Guide" sets a new standard for books on tracking.
This easy-to-use guide features:
- Clearly written descriptions plus photos and illustrations of scats, tracks, and gait patterns
- Easy-to-use track measurements for each animal
- Tips on proper track interpretation technique
- Notes on the behavior and habitat of each mammal
- A glossary of tracking terms
- Quick-reference summary pages at the back of the book
- A tough, water-resistant cover and extra-durable binding made to withstand the rigors of field use
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Jim Lowery has taught hundreds of beginning and advanced tracking workshops over the past eighteen years. His school, Earth Skills, located in Frazier Park, California, offers courses and special training in tracking and survival.
Your orders support book donation projects
I will not hesitate to use you again or recommend you to others.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985