This book is a continuation of the series of monographs on different orders of mammals found in Russia and adjacent regions. This volume is devoted to the description of the order Lagomorpha, which is represented by two extant families-Leporidae and Ochotonidae. All descriptions of groups and species are given according to the scheme followed in the preceding volumes of the series. Palaeontological data on recent species and genera are briefly mentioned.
The book is aimed at mammalogists, ecologists, zoogeographers and game specialists. In this book unpublished data on the biology and distribution of pikas has been published.
Family of Pikas-Familia Ochotonidae Thomas, 1897
Genus of Pikas-Genus Ochotona Link, 1795
* Little (Steppe) Pika Ochotona (Lagotona) pusilla Pallas, 1768
* Long-Eared Pika, Ochotona (Conothoa) macrotis Gunther, 1875
* Red Pika Ochotona (Conothoa) rutila Severtzov, 1873
* Afghan Pika Ochotona (Ochotona) rufescens Gray, 1776
* Daurian Pika Ochotona (Ochotona) daurica Pallas, 1776
* Altai (Alpine) Pika Ochotona (Pika) alpina Pallas, 1773
* Northern Pika Ochotona (Pika) hyperborea Pallas, 1811
* Pallas's Pika Ochotona (Pika) pallasi Gray, 1867
Family of Hares and Rabbits-Familia Leporidae Fischer, 1811
Genus of Rabbits, Genus Oryctolagus Lilljeberg, 1871
* Wild Rabbit Oryctolagus cuniculus (Linnaeus, 1758)
Genus of Hares, Genus Lepus Linnaeus, 1758
* Blue Hare Lepus (Lepus) timidus Linnaeus, 1758
* European Hare Lepus (Lepus) europaeus Pallas, 1778
* Tolai Hare Lepus (Lepus) tolai Pallas, 1778
* Manchurian Hare Lepus (Allolagus) mandshuricus Radde, 1861
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!