By: Will N Graves
222 pages, B/w illus
This book is a unique review of wolves as experienced in a culture much different than ours in North America. This book summarizes the massive research on wolves, particular those in Russia.
The killing of humans by wolves is generally suppressed as reading material. This book documents the fear of Russian people because of the large number of people being killed by wolves.
The diseases carried by wolves in another concern. These are explained in this book in detail.
The need for control of wolves runs throughout this book. Wolves are not the positive influence in balancing nature as may be thought. Without control there is wide damage to humans, domesticated animals, and wild animals.
1. Conflict Through the Centuries
2. Perspective on Wolves from Russia and the USSR
3. Wolf Population Eruptions in Russia: Causes and Controls
4. Are Wolves Surplus Killers?
5. Parasites and Diseases of Wolves
6. Wolf Attacks on Humans
7. Wolf Predation and Damage
8. Prey of Wolves
9. Wolf Control in the Former USSR
10. Wolf Control Methods
11. Russian Sayings and Proverbs about Wolves
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is one of my favorite vendors.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985