12 pages, 900 color samples
This colour chart was originally designed for online auction users, so that they could give one another a precise indication of the colour of a traded object. But it could have much wider users, especially by taxonomists and other scientists wishing to convey precise colour information.
Boris Assyov, a Bulgarian mycologist, lists the most important properties of a "perfect" colour chart:
- widely available, in continuous supply and easy to obtain
- cheap and therefore easily replaceable, to overcome the problem of fading colours
- uniform, so that there is only one set of colours (not true of the Pantones, where an enormous variety exists);
- neither too simple nor to detailed: browsing through thousands of colour samples would be inconvenient
- easy to use even for people not versed in colour theory
- suitable for use both in the field and in the lab
Assyov considers that this chart comes nearer to fulfilling these requirement than any other on the market.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985