As energy produced from renewable sources is increasingly integrated into the electricity grid, interest in energy storage technologies for grid stabilisation is growing.Advances in Batteries for Medium and Large-scale Energy Storage reviews advances in battery technologies and applications for medium and large-scale energy storage. Chapters address advances in nickel, sodium and lithium-based batteries. Other chapters review other emerging battery technologies such as metal-air batteries and flow batteries. The final section of Advances in Batteries for Medium and Large-scale Energy Storage discuses design considerations and applications of batteries in remote locations and for grid-scale storage.
Introduction: Economics of batteries for medium and large-scale energy storage
Part 1. Types of battery: Nickel-based batteries
- Molten salt batteries
- Lithium-ion batteries
- Zinc-based flow batteries
- Polysulfide-bromide flow batteries
- Vanadium-based flow batteries
- Iron chromium flow batteries
- Aluminium-ion batteries
Part 2 Design and applications: Advances in membrane and stack design for flow batteries
- Modelling battery design for medium and large-scale energy storage
- Batteries for remote area power supply systems
- Applications of batteries for grid-scale storge
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!