An easy-to-use identification guide to the 280 bird species most commonly seen in the Philippines, together with rare endemic species.
- For each species the informative text describes identifying features, distribution, habits and habitats, and sites where it can be seen
- Size, common and scientific names listed
- Overview of climate, vegetation, biogeography, bird migration, conservation and the main birding sites
- Includes a complete checklist of the birds of the Philippines with their status in the region and current global status
"[...] Overall, the quality and consistency of the data presented is high, and the reader is given a taste of what to expect when birding the archipelago. The authors’ extensive first-hand knowledge of the birds and the islands comes through on every page and overall this guide is a handy companion for both visitors and residents alike."
– Vincent Nijman, Ibis (158), 2016
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Maia Tañedo is a member of the Wild Bird Club of the Philippines; she has helped conduct guided birdwatching trips for first-time birders as well as giving lectures in schools about birdwatching.
Robert Hutchinson is a co-founder of Birdtour Asia, organizing and guiding tours throughout Asia. Rob has published numerous articles and scientific papers on Asian birds, and is a keen sound-recordist and I photographer. Rob currently resides in the Philippines.
Adrian and Trinket Constantino are a husband-and-wife team who both organize bird walks for the Wild Bird Club of the Philippines and have an extensive experience of birdwatching in the Philippines.