Series: Modern Approaches in Solid Earth Sciences Volume: 6
By: Zvi Garfunkel(Editor), Zvi Ben-Avraham(Editor), Elisa Kagan(Editor)
359 pages, 86 colour & 52 b/w photos and illustrations, tables
The Dead Sea transform is an active plate boundary connecting the Red Sea seafloor spreading system to the Arabian-Eurasian continental collision zone. Its geology and geophysics provide a natural laboratory for investigation of the surficial, crustal and mantle processes occurring along transtensional and transpressional transform fault domains on a lithospheric scale and related to continental breakup. There have been many detailed and disciplinary studies of the Dead Sea transform fault zone during the last 20 years and Dead Sea Transform Fault System: Reviews brings them together. This book is an updated comprehensive coverage of the knowledge, based on recent studies of the tectonics, structure, geophysics, volcanism, active tectonics, sedimentology and paleo and modern climate of the Dead Sea transform fault zone. It puts together all this new information and knowledge in a coherent fashion.
- Geophysical studies of the crustal structure along the Dead Sea fault.-Geophysical studies of the lithosphere along the Dead Sea transform
- The seismogenic thickness along the Dead Sea transform
- The Dead Sea transform and the volcanism in northwestern Arabia
- Lateral motion and deformation along the Dead Sea transform
- Pleistocene strain partitioning during transpression along the Dead Sea fault, Metulla Saddle, northern Israel
- Review of on-fault palaeoseismic studies along the Dead Sea fault
- Pre-instrumental earthquakes along the Dead Sea rift
- Instrumental data on the seismic activity along the Dead Sea transform
- Evolution of Neogene-Quaternary waterbodies in the Dead Sea rift and their global climate relation
- Saline water in the Dead Sea rift - the role of runoff and relative humidity
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Pretty cool. I have to say that I have enjoyed my interaction with your company.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985