Climate change shaped the political agenda during the last decade with three issues as hot topics: commonly making the headlines: carbon budgets, impact and mitigation of climate change.
Given the significant role that forests play in the climate system – as sources, sinks, and through carbon trading – Managing Forest Ecosystems: The Challenge of Climate Change update the current scientific evidences on the relationships between climate, forest resources and forest management practices around the world.
By including the forest scientists' expertise from around the world, Managing Forest Ecosystems: The Challenge of Climate Change presents and updates a depth analysis of the current knowledge, and a series of case studies focused on the biological and the economic impacts of climate change in forest ecosystems in Africa, Asia, Europe and North and South America.
Managing Forest Ecosystems: The Challenge of Climate Change will form a valuable resource for researchers and advanced students dealing with sustainable forestry, climate change issues and the effects of climate change on natural resource management.
Part I. Introduction F. Bravo et al.
Part II. Overview of Climate Change and Forest Responses
2. A Mechanistic View of the Capacity of Forests to Cope with Climate Change; F. Valladares
3. Greenhouse-gas Emissions from Temperate European Mountain Forests; R. Jandl et al.
Part III. Monitoring and Modeling
4. Estimating Carbon Stocks and Stock Changes in Forests: Linking Models and Data across Scales; V. LeMay et al.
5. Forest Eco-physiological Models and Carbon Sequestration; T. Keenan et al.
6. Influence of Climatic Variables on Crown Condition in Pine Forests in Northern Spain; A.V. Sanz-Ros et al.
7. Changing Trends of Biomass and Carbon Pools of Mediterranean Pine Forests; A.C. Gomez et al.
8. REDD+ and Carbon Markets: the Ethiopian Process; J. Gonzalo et al.
Part IV. Economic and Management Impacts
9. Influence of Carbon Sequestration in an Optimal Set of Coppice Rotations for Eucalyptus Plantations; L. Diaz-Balteiro, L.C.E. Rodriguez
10. Use of Forests and Wood Products to Mitigate Climate Change; L. Valsta et al.
11. Biomass Forest in Sweden and Carbon Emissions Balance; T. Johansson
12. Taper Equations and Wood Products: Assessing the Carbon Flow of the Forest through its Products; I. Lizarralde et al.
13. Forest Carbon Sequestration: The Impact of Forest Management; F. Bravo et al.
14. Effects of Forest Age Structure, Management and Gradual Climate Change on Carbon Sequestration and Timber Production in Finnish Boreal Forests; J. Garcia-Gonzalo et al.
Part V. Case Studies
15. Mediterranean Pine Forests: Management Effects on Carbon Stocks; M. del Rio et al.
16. Carbon Sequestration of Ponderosa Pine Plantations in Northwestern Patagonia; P. Laclau et al.
17. Assessing Pine Wilt Disease Risk under a Climate Change Scenario in Northwestern Spain; G. Perez et al.
18. Soil Organic Carbon Sequestration under Different Tropical Cover Types in Colombia; F. Moreno et al.
19. Carbon Sequestration Potential of Mangroves in Southeast Asia; M.N. Suratman
20. Modeling of Carbon Sequestration in Rubben (Hevea brasiliensis) Plantations; E.A.R.E. Ariff et al.
21. Carbon Sequestration in Mediterranean Oak Forests; I. Canellas et al.
22. Forest Management in the Sahel and Ethiopian Highlands and Impacts on Climate Change; W. Tadesse et al.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!