96 pages, Col and b/w illus
Widely acclaimed as one of Britain's greatest natural history painters, Archibald Thorburn (1860-1935) has the unerring ability to capture the living vitality of birds and animals, and set them in magnificent wild landscapes. His monumental watercolours now command high prices at home and abroad. A fitting tribute to this master of wildlife art, this superbly-produced volume contains a collection of some of the artist's most distinguished work, with large-scale reproductions of the highest quality. Including 64 colour plates, plus over 40 drawings and black and white photographs, this is the best of Thorburn's work from private collections throughout Britain - especially the author's which is the largest collection in the world.
- Foreword by David Shepherd, OBE
- Author's Preface
- List of RSPB Christmas Cards
- A Century of Prints and Proofs
- Pictures Exhibited at the Royal Academy
- Books Illustrated by Thorburn
- The Paintings
- Iceland Falcon, Greenland Falcon, The Fallen Beech, The King of Birds, Surprise, Sunrise over Gaick, Gleaning after the Shooters, Disputed Rights, Lost in the Glen, Redstarts, The Covey at Daybreak, Blackcock Fighting, The Home of the Golden Eagle, The Shadow of Death, The Lost Stag, Eagle Owl, Morning, Mountain Hare and Irish Hare, Dormice, Clearing after Rain, On the Stooks, Sparrow-hawk, Killed as he Reaches Cover, The Twelfth, Greenland Falcon, A Hard Winter, Watched from Afar, Wrens at the Nest, Over the Hedge, Winter's Sunset, Great Tits, Peacock and Peacock, The Bridle Path, The Finches, Winter Tracks, The Morning Call, The Forester's Friend, Eiders and Scoters, Danger Aloft, Blue Marsh and Long-tailed Tits, A Frosty Dawn, Through the Snowy Coverts, The Common Squirrel, The Upland Stubbles, Woodcock and Chicks, Ptarmigan at Sunrise, Voices of the Forest, Woodcock Glade
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!