+44 1803 865913
By: Matt Collins(Author)
144 pages, ~200 b/w illustrations
A beautifully presented, practical gift guide to the age-old art of whittling. There are 50 projects featured in The Whittler's Guide to Life, ranging from quick makes to more elaborate projects, and even a chapter on creating things from cork.
The 8 main themes are:
- Quick Things – including a doorstop, a bookmark and a gift-box book;
- Into The Woods – including a willow whistle, walking stick, fish hook and slingshot;
- Around The House – including chopsticks, coat and crochet hooks;
- Cork Creations – including a succulent pot, stamp, and earphones spool;
- Ornamental Carving – including a boat, a deer and a spinning top;
- Kitchen Carving – including a carrot flute, apple candle and onion flower;
- The Natural World – including a bird feeder and instructions to prepare a fish for cooking, a graft an apple tree.
The projects cater for a range of skill levels and the instructions are complemented by smart step-by-step illustrations, which highlight the tactile quality of the material in hand. The Whittler's Guide to Life also includes an introduction with advice on selecting a penknife, maintaining your blade, choosing your caving material, and carving techniques. Featuring the ultimate crossover of cool craftsmanship and savvy survival-skill projects, The Whittler's Guide to Life is the perfect gift for creative adventurers.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Matt Collins is a writer and hoticultural consultant with a particular interest in the subjects of trees and landscape. Linking an extensive arboricultural knowledge with his passion for traditional hand carving, Matt has developed a close relationship with wood as both a living and crafting medium.
Your orders support book donation projects
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985