+44 1803 865913
Fish and shrimp producing industries generate huge amounts of wastes in form of viscera, scales, waste water, etc. Applications of microorganisms and/or microbes-based products have contributed significantly in solving many of these problems associated with aquaculture and waste management.
This book addresses strategies for control of bacterial infection in farmed aquatic organism products. It covers: spoilage of fresh fish, microorganisms and processed seafoods, microbiological safety and quality of processed shrimps and fish and molecular detection of seafood borne human pathogenic bacteria.
" [...] informative compilation [...] reading through this volume will quickly showcase the challenges and exciting opportunities that lie ahead for this industry and the researchers who interface with it."
– Andrea C. Alfaro, Aquaculture Biotechnology, Group, School of Applied Sciences, Auckland University of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand
- New Strategies for the Control of Bacterial Infections in Marine Fish Larval Rearing: José Pintado, María J. Prol, José Luis Balcázar, Miquel Planas and Pavlos Makridis
- Probiotics in the Larval Culture of Aquatic Organisms: Bruno Gomez-Gil, Ana Roque and Sonia Soto-Rodriguez
- Microbial Degradation of Seafood: Françoise Leroi and Jean-Jacques Joffraud
- Microbiological Safety and Quality of Processed Shrimps and Fishes: Md. Latiful Bari, Sabina Yeasmin,Shinichi Kawamoto and Kenji Isshiki
- Molecular Detection of Seafood Borne Human Pathogenic Bacteria: Robert E. Levin
- Fermented Fish and Fish Products: An Overview: Smita H. Panda, R.C. Ray, Aly F. El Sheikha, Didier Montet and Wanchai Worawattanamateekul
- Bioprospecting of Marine Microalgae, Corals and Microorganisms: V. Venugopal
- Microbial Remediation of Fish and Shrimp Culture Systems and their Processing Industry Wastes:Wanchai Worawattanamateekul and R.C. Ray
- Fish Waste Management; Treatment Methods Based to the Use of Microorganisms: Ioannis S. Arvanitoyannis, Aikaterini Kassaveti and Theodoros Varzakas
- Microbial Reclamation of Fish Industry By-products: N. Bhaskar, N.M. Sachindra, P.V. Suresh and N.S. Mahendrakar
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
Your customer service is outstanding, and I'll definitely refer friends and colleagues to you. May all go well for your company.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985