Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
The aim of Astrophysics and the Evolution of the Universe is to teach undergraduate college or university students the basic physics concepts needed to understand the mathematics which describes the evolution of the universe, and based on this to teach the astrophysical theories behind evolution from very early times to the present. The book does not require students to have extensive knowledge of mathematics, like calculus, and includes material that explains concepts such as velocity, acceleration, and force. Based on this, fascinating topics such as Dark Matter, measuring Dark Energy via supernovae velocities, and the creation of mass via the Higgs mechanism are explained.
All college students with an interest in science, especially astronomy, without extensive mathematical backgrounds should be able to use and learn from Astrophysics and the Evolution of the Universe. Adults interested in topics like dark energy and the Higgs boson, which are in the news, can make use of this book as well.
- Physics Concepts Needed for Astrophysics
- Forces and Particles
- Hubble's Law: Expansion of the Universe
- Stars, Galaxies, etc
- Neutrino Oscillations, Symmetries, and Pulsar Kicks
- Einstein's Special and General Theories of Relativity
- Radius and Temperature of the Universe from the General Theory of Relativity
- The Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation
- Cosmological Phase Transitions: How Matter got Mass and Nucleons Were Created
- Studies of Dark Matter and Dark Energy