+44 1803 865913
Involving a wide range of scientists working on intertidal sediments, this book is of importance to all environmental scientists. Individual chapters explore the underlying biogeochemical processes controlling the behaviour of carbon, the nutrients nitrogen and phosphorus, and contaminants such as toxic organics, trace metals and artificial radionuclides in intertidal environments. The biogeochemistry of these environments is critical to understanding their ecology and management. All of the chapters include both a comprehensive review and the results of recent research. The authors are active researchers in this diverse and ecologically important environment. This book is mainly for researchers and managers working on these environments, but it will also serve as a valuable advanced undergraduate and graduate reference text in environmental chemistry, environmental science, earth science and oceanography.
[...] a useful, interesting and clearly laid out and illustrated book [...] a comprehensive review of the subject.
- Peter French, Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology
'[...] this is a consistently interesting volume [...]"
- Simon Wakefield, Ocean Challenge
1. Biogeochemistry of intertidal sediments
2. Trace metals in deposited intertidal sediments
3. Modelling adsorption and desorption processes in estuaries
4. A critical appraisal of the methodology used in studies of material flux between saltmarshes and coastal waters
5. Nutrient recycling in intertidal sediments
6. An overview of carbon and sulphur cycling in marine sediments
7. Microbial activity and diagenesis in saltmarsh sediments, North Norfolk, England
8. The behaviour of radionuclides in the coastal and estuarine environments of the Irish Sea
9. The sorption of hydrophobic pyrethroid insecticides to estuarine particles: a compilation of recent research
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS has enriched my life with knowledge for many years now
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985