Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
Birding Estonia provides the most comprehensive information on the best birding sites across Estonia and the best times to visit, as well as including advice for finding northern and eastern specialities like Lesser Spotted Eagle, Hazel Grouse, lekking Great Snipe, Ural Owl and White-backed Woodpecker.
- Is the first comprehensive guide to birdwatching in Estonia written by local experts
- Includes travel info, birding calendar and short overview of birding habitats
- Covers the best times to visit and lists the best species of 106 areas across the whole country, including all five National Parks
- Includes 68 maps with GPS coordinates making it easier to find those important locations
- Recommends trip itineraries to see migration, certain species, or certain areas of the country throughout the year
- Includes a gully updated and annotated Estonian checklist, with notes on occurrence, abundance and phenology
Estonia has become one of Europe's best destinations for birdwatchers. More than 200 species breed there, and highly concentrated spring and autumn migration of Arctic wildfowl and waders occurs along its coast.
It is the smallest and least populated of the three Baltic states – about 40% is covered by forest, there are many large bogs, areas of relatively low intensity mosaic farmland, and a diverse coastline with nearly 1,000 islets – all of which provide perfect habitats for wildlife. About 10% of the country is protected for conservation purposes, and most of these superb National Parks and reserves are easily accessible.