+44 1803 865913
Groundwater serves many purposes. It is a source of public and private drinking water, it is utilized as an industrial feedstock and it is used in agriculture for irrigation and cattle watering. The abstraction of groundwater also serves many civil engineering purposes such as structures, construction pit dewatering and remediation of polluted groundwater. Furthermore, groundwater is increasingly used for supply and storage of energy for the cooling and heating of buildings.
Many wells abstracting groundwater suffer from impaired performance as a result of clogging by mechanical or biogeochemical processes. This represents a significant economic loss due to volume reductions, cost of well rehabilitations or construction of new wells. Cause and Prevention of Clogging of Wells Abstracting Groundwater from Unconsolidated Aquifers provides a comprehensive description of the various causes and processes associated with well clogging in addition to describing methodologies for diagnosis and prevention.
- General Introduction
- Review of homogeneous, heterogeneous, and biological oxidation of ferrous iron in drinking water treatment
- Concentration and size distribution of particles in abstracted groundwater
- Mineralogy and generation of particles in anoxic groundwater abstracted from unconsolidated sedimentary aquifers
- Cause and prevention of well bore clogging by particles
- Prevention of well bore clogging by intermittent abstraction
- Prevention of two types of well clogging requires two types of well operation
- Well incrustation and well design criteria
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Your quick and straightforward service saved the fieldwork for my PhD project in Kerala.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985