+44 1803 865913
By: David J Newman(Editor), Gordon M Cragg(Editor), Paul Grothaus(Editor)
450 pages, b/w illustrations
Chemical Biology of Natural Products addresses contemporary aspects of natural product chemistry and biology, including natural product discovery, isolation and characterization, biosynthesis, biosynthetic engineering and pharmaceutical and other applications. Each chapter begins with a brief and simple introduction to the subject and then proceeds to guide the reader towards the more contemporary, cutting-edge research in the field.
Contributing authors present examples from their own work in order to exemplify key themes. Topics covered in the text include genome mining, heterologous expression, therapeutic applications, natural product synthesis, biosynthesis, glycosylation, and chemical ecology.
- Introduction (Overview), J. Micklefield & B. Wilkinson
- Discovery: Genome Mining, Metagenomics, Heterologous Expression, Sean Brady, Greg Challis, Joern Piel
- Discovery: Isolation and Structure Elucidation, Ted Molinski, Marcel Jasper, Brad Moore, Bill Fenical, Paul Jensen, Ray Anderson, Chris Ireland
- Activity & Screening and Therapeutic Applications & Mode Of Action, Sheo Singh, Frank Koehn, Edmund Graziani
- Natural Products and Chemical Genetics, Craig Crews, Nick Westwood
- Natural Product Synthesis, Dirk Trauner, David Proctor
- Biosynthesis & Engineering Plant Natural Products, Sarah O'Connor, Anne Osbourn, Hiromichi Minami
- Biosynthesis & Engineering PKS, Kira Weissman, Rolf Muller, Peter Leadlay, Craig Townsend
- Biosynthesis & Engineering NRPS, Mohamed Marahiel, Phil Lowden
- Biosynthesis & Engineering of Terpene Biosynthesis, Joe Noel, Jay Kiesling
- Glycosylation of Natural Products: Biosynthesis & Chemical Biology, Rob Field, Jurgen Rohr
- Chemical Ecology, Joern Piel, Eric Schmidt
- Conclusion, J. Micklefield & B. Wilkinson
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Many thanks, your customer service is certainly something to be proud of.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985