288 pages, illustrations
Climate Change and Growth in Asia is a comprehensive analysis of the major issues of climate change and global warming and their possible impacts on the growth of major Asian economies. Climate Change and Growth in Asia addresses the climate change crisis in Asia within the context of three major challenges of growth: population, poverty and greenhouse gas emissions. The contributors of Climate Change and Growth in Asia argue that, like globalisation, the effects of climate change are all-encompassing and recognise no national boundaries. Therefore, the issues emanating from this looming challenge must also be examined beyond the national boundaries and debated at global, regional and national levels simultaneously.
The authors investigate the opportunities created by globalisation via trade, knowledge and the information economy, but climate change – induced by increased greenhouse gas emissions – risks restricting the opportunities created thereof. For those who follow Asian economies – especially graduate students of Asian studies, international business, the environment and economic development of Asia – Climate Change and Growth in Asia is an invaluable resource. Furthermore, with its multidimensional focus and cross-cultural practical examples, it is an essential read for policymakers, including the Asian governments and international agencies such as the United Nations.
Introduction Moazzem Hossain
PART I: CLIMATE CHANGE AND GROWTH ISSUES
1. Population, Poverty and CO2 Emissions in Asia: An Overview Moazzem Hossain and Antony Selvanathan
2. The Production of Biofuels: Welfare and Environmental Consequences for Asia Clem Tisdell
3. Climate Change and Freshwater Resources of Bangladesh Qazi Kholiquzzaman Ahmad
4. Analyses of Livelihoods in the Bay of Bengal Delta A.H.M. Ali, Antony Selvanathan and Moazzem Hossain
PART II: CLIMATE CHANGE AND ADAPTATION ISSUES
5. Greenhouse Gas Abatement in Asia: Imperatives, Incentives and Equity Colin Hunt
6. Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation Strategies for Bangladesh M.H. Rahman, M.A. Noor and A. Ahmed
7. Climate Change, Vulnerabilities and South Asia: Issues, Challenges and Options M. Adil Khan
8. 'Harmony' in China's Climate Change Policy Paul Howard
PART III: CLIMATE CHANGE AND CHALLENGES
9. Managing Businesses in Uncertain Times: Sustainable Development and an Ensemble Leadership Repertoire Vikram Murthy
10. Climate Change and Human Security Issues in the Asia-Pacific Region Malcolm McIntosh and Tapan Sarker
11. Media Framing of Public Discourse on Climate Change and Sea Level Rise: Social Amplification of Global Warming vs Climate Justice for Global Warming Impacts Harun Rashid
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!