Originally published with the series title Springer Praxis Books: Astrophysics and Astronomy
Textbooks and monographs published in this series from 2013 onward are written for advanced undergraduate students in astronomy and the planetary sciences and advanced amateur astronomers. The editors insist on good readability and encourage new approaches to teaching astronomy and planetary sciences.
Books published before 2013 serve a spectrum of readership: Some are at advanced amateur to advanced undergraduate level. Others are targeted at PhD students and researchers.
- Topics covered in the series include
- Astronomical telescopes and instrumentation
- Astronomical techniques, software and data
- Astrophysics, Astrochemistry, Astrobiology
- Solar system science (excluding the Earth sciences proper) and exoplanets
- Stellar physics and black hole astrophysics
- Galactic astronomy
- Extragalactic astronomy and cosmology
The books are well illustrated with line diagrams and photographs throughout, with targeted use of colour for scientific interpretation and understanding. Many feature worked examples or problems and solutions.