Reprint of: Sexual Development 2012, Vol. 6, No. 1-3
The etiologies and pathologies of disorders of sex development of humans and animals explored by integrative approaches at the interface of several disciplines are relevant for fundamental biology as well as human and veterinary medicine. This special issue of Sexual Development presents expert reviews and previously unpublished research that detail the state-of-the-art understanding of the occurrence of abnormal genetic, gonadal and phenotypic sex of live-stock and wild and captive-bred exotic animals. Providing insights into the fascinating and medically relevant causes and effects of disorders of sex development this issue is a valuable resource for researchers, clinicians as well as students of biology, animal production, agricultural sciences, human and veterinary medicine.
Preface: Villagomez, D.A.F.; Iannuzzi, L. King, W.A.
- Molecular Mechanisms of Sexual Development: Parma, P.; Radi, O.
- Disorders of Sexual Development and Abnormal Early Development in Domestic Food-Producing Mammals: The Role of Chromosome Abnormalities, Environment and Stress Factors: Favetta, L.A.; Villagomez, D.A.F.; Iannuzzi, L.; Di Meo, G.; Webb, A.; Crain, S.; King, W.A.
- Telling the Story of XX Sex Reversal in the Goat: Highlighting the Sex-Crossroad in Domestic Mammals: Pannetier, M.; Elzaiat, M.; Thepot, D.; Pailhoux, E.
- Gonadal and Sex Differentiation Abnormalities of Dogs and Cats: Meyers-Wallen, V.N.
- Disorders of Sexual Development in the Domestic Horse, Equus caballus: Lear, T.L.; McGee, R.B.
- The Pseudoautosomal Region and Sex Chromosome Aneuploidies in Domestic Species: Raudsepp, T.; Das, P.J.; Avila, F.; Chowdhary, B.P.
- Disorders of Sexual Development in Wild and Captive Exotic Animals: Mastromonaco, G.F.; Houck, M.L.; Bergfelt, D.R.
- Disorders of Sexual Development in Poultry: Lambeth, L.S.; Smith, C.A.
- Molecular and Cytogenetic Studies in a Case of XX SRY-Negative Sex Reversal in an Arabian Horse: Ciotola, F.; Albarella, S.; Pasolini, M.P.; Auletta, L.; Esposito, L.; Iannuzzi, L.; Peretti, V.
- GTG Mutation in the Start Codon of the Androgen Receptor Gene in a Family of Horses with 64,XY Disorder of Sex Development: Revay, T.; Villagomez, D.A.F.; Brewer, D.; Chenier, T.; King, W.A.
- Cytogenetic and Molecular Characterization of Y Isochromosome in a 63XO/64Xi(Yq) Mosaic Karyotype of an Intersex Horse: Das, P.J.; Lyle, S.K.; Beehan, D.; Chowdhary, B.P.; Raudsepp, T.
- Hypospadias in a Male (78,XY; SRY-positive) Dog and Sex Reversal Female (78,XX; SRY-negative) Dogs: Clinical, Histological and Genetic Studies: Switonski, M.; Payan-Carreira, R.; Bartz, M.; Nowacka-Woszuk, J.; Szczerbal, I.; Colaco, B.; Pires, M.A.; Ochota, M.; Nizanski, W.
- XX SRY-Negative True Hermaphrodism in Two Dogs: Clinical, Morphological, Genetic and Cytogenetic Studies: Groppetti, D.; Genualdo, V.; Bosi, G.; Pecile, A.; Iannuzzi, A.; Perucatti, A.; De Lorenzi, L.; Parma, P.; Arrighi, S.
- Y-Autosome Translocation Interferes with Meiotic Sex Inactivation and Expression of Autosomal Genes: A Case Study in the Pig: Barasc, H.; Mary, N.; Letron, R.; Calgaro, A.; Dudez, A.M.; Bonnet, N.; Lahbib-Mansais, Y.; Yerle, M.; Ducos, A.; Pinton, A.
- Low Levels of X-Inactive Specific Transcript in Somatic Cell Nuclear Transfer Embryos Derived from Female Bovine Freemartin Donor Cells: Jeon, B.-G.; Rho, G.-J.; Betts, D.H.; Petrik, J.J.; Favetta, L.A.; King, W.A.
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!