+44 1803 865913
By: Stanislav E Shmelev
248 pages, colour & b/w illustrations, colour maps, tables
This book presents the state of the art in ecological economics, an interdisciplinary field focused on the analysis of sustainability of global, national and regional economic systems. It offers a range of cutting edge methods used in sustainability research including multicriteria decision aid (MCDA), input-output analysis, and life cycle analysis.
Part I: Theory of Ecological Economics
1. The Economic System and the Environment
2. Industrial Ecology: Material and Energy Flows, Life Cycle Analysis
3. The Big Picture Vision and the Environment: An International Perspective
4. Economic Valuation and Decision Making: MCDA as a tool for the Future
5. Macroeconomy: Market Failures and Externalities: What Can Be Done
6. Economic Models and the Environment: Input-Output Analysis
7. Sustainable Development: Measuring Progress
Part II: Ecological-Economic Applications
8. Climate Change and Renewable Energy: How to Choose the Optimal Pool of Technologies
9. Biodiversity Loss: New Methods for Evaluating Ecosystems
10. Sustainable Cities: Interdisciplinary Perspective
11. Regional Waste Management: Multicriteria Modelling
12. Business and Sustainable Development: CSR in Practice
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
This book is devoted to the MSc and first year PhD students reading for degrees in Environmental Change and Management, Ecological Economics, Environmental Management, Philosophy, Politics and Economics and taking part in similar programmes. The current text is designed to be a concise, crisp, and elegant guide packed with references for students with some background in economics, environmental science or mathematics aimed at developing their analytical skills required for redirecting our development path towards sustainability in government, international organisations, academia, non-profit sector and business. It builds on the idea that a significant adjustment of the current economic theories is required, which was recently supported by the emerged world economic crisis, the climatic and biodiversity crisis the world is currently facing and the enormously slow progress that has been made in the field of reorientation of the global economy towards sustainability. The book adopts a positive approach for problem solving and strategic development, which is aimed at educating the future decision makers and business leaders.
Your orders support book donation projects
Your customer service is outstanding, and I'll definitely refer friends and colleagues to you. May all go well for your company.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985