Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
This is an expanded and revised edition of an essential reference work for university libraries, research laboratories, government institutions and consultancies concerned with the environmental sciences. The Encyclopedia offers comprehensive coverage of the wide range of topics, techniques and applications that comprise this multidisciplinary field.
Key features of the new edition:
- Expanded to six volumes to reflect developments in Environmetrics techniques and applications during past decade
- Over 60% of articles in this edition are new or revised
- A new section: Environmental Engineering and Technology
- Increased breadth and depth of coverage in key application areas such as climate science and hydrological processes
- Revised and updated treatment of methodology including spatial-temporal statistics, computational statistics and modeling extremes
- Greater emphasis on practitioner oriented content.
The Encyclopedia will be an invaluable aid to researchers, lecturers, students, consultants and policymakers engaged in ecological statistics, climate change, geostatistics, natural resources, risk assessment, environmental health, physical processes, chemometrics, stochastic modelling, forestry, acid rain, and pollution.
Volume 1 A-D; Volume 2 E - L; Volume 3 M - R; Volume 4 S - Z Index.
Reviews of the first edition:
"strongly recommend that environmental researchers, service and education institutions consider purchasing these books for their collection."
- Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, June 2003
"...beautifully produced .. the general quality of the articles is good..."
- British Ecological Society Bulletin, August 2002
"...an excellent resource for its targeted audience..."
- Short Book Reviews, August 2002
"diverse and expansive...supports the editors' definition of environmetrics...contributors...emphasize the power of computer--intensive methods and the new challenges of environmental problems..."
- Technometrics, Vol. 44, No. 4, November 2002
"...This is an excellent and timely work that will serve as a valuable reference ..."
- Int Jnl of Environmental Analytical Chemistry, Vol.82, No.10, 2002