+44 1803 865913
By: Efim N Pelinovsky(Editor), Christian Kharif(Editor)
236 pages, 39 colour & 85 b/w illustrations, 4 tables
This revised and updated second edition details the vast progress that has been achieved in the understanding of the physical mechanisms of rogue wave phenomenon in recent years. The selected articles address such issues as the formation of rogue waves due to modulational instability of nonlinear wave field, physical and statistical properties of extreme ocean wave generation in deep water as well as in shallow water, various models of nonlinear water waves, special analysis of nonlinear resonances between water waves and the relation between in situ observations, experimental data and rogue wave theories. In addition, recent results on tsunami waves due to subaerial landslides are presented. Extreme Ocean Waves is written for specialists in the fields of fluid mechanics, applied mathematics, nonlinear physics, physical oceanography and geophysics, and for students learning these subjects.
- Rogue Waves in Higher Order Nonlinear Schrödinger Models
- Freak-waves: Compact Equation vs Fully Nonlinear One
- Occurrence of extreme waves in finite water depth
- Modelling of Rogue Wave Shapes in Shallow Water
- Non-Gaussian properties of shallow water waves in crossing seas
- Searching for Factors that limit Observed Extreme Maximum Wave Height Distributions in the North Sea
- Extremes and decadal variations of the Baltic Sea wave conditions
- Runup of long irregular waves on plane beach
- Numerical study for run-up of breaking waves of different polarities on a sloping beach
- Tsunami waves generated by cliff collapse: comparison between experiments and triphasic simulations
- An Analytical Model of Large Amplitude Internal Solitary Waves
- Symbolic Computation for Nonlinear Wave Resonances
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
I don't know how you got a book printed 26 years ago in the conditions that I received it (like new) but you do it! ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985