Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
This book offers a window into the beauty and diversity of the rarest plants in the state. The field guide includes:
- 317 vascular plants, six mosses, and one lichen
- Full-color photographs of the plants and their habitats, line drawings, and distribution maps
- Detailed species descriptions, identification tips, and easiest times to identify the plants
- Current conservation status and state rank
- Complete reference list, and glossary
- Each rare plant is fully characterized according to its appearance, reproductive strategy, associated plants, habitat, current threats, and scarcity in areas outside the state.
A trip across Washington presents an array of habitats, from dripping spruce and hemlock forests along the coast to arid grasslands, shrub-steppe, and sand dune systems east of the mountains, from low-elevation outwash prairies to alpine slopes, from basalt flows and rocky islands to salt marshes and riverbanks. This book brings attention to the rarest and least understood plant species that find niches in this complex landscape.