The first of a 14-volume flora produced by the National Parks Board Singapore. Volume 1 contains the introductory chapters.
The Flora of Singapore aims to describe the more than 3,000 native, naturalised and casual species of plants in Singapore. Botanists have been collecting and studying the plant diversity of Singapore for over 200 years, but never before has there been a comprehensive consolidation of all major plants groups only for Singapore. As of now, over 100 experts have committed to contribute to the project, more than half of which are based outside of Singapore. With the rigorous approach taken to ensure taxonomic and nomenclatural accuracy, the Flora of Singapore will be of interest to anybody studying the plant diversity of Singapore.
1. Introduction / D.J. Middleton
2. Taxonomic overview of the plants of Singapore / D.J. Middleton, B.C. Ho & S. Lindsay
3. History of taxonomic research in Singapore / D.J. Middleton & I.M. Turner
4. The plant diversity of Singapore / K.M. Wong & S.K. Ganesan
5. Vegetation of Singapore / A.T.K. Yee et al.
6. Plant conservation in Singapore I: historical and legal background / G.W.H. Davison
7. Plant conservation in Singapore II: practical implementation / R.C.J. Lim et al.
Index to scientific plant names
Index to vernacular plant names
Index to people