The Winged Insects wildlife pack is a presentation pack featuring 5 different fold-out guides. Find out the names of those insects that buzz, drift or zoom around your garden. The pack also includes a card-sized magnifier to help you get in ever closer to the details.
- Bees - Gardeners know the value of pollinators. As well as the ‘Big Six’ bumblebees, the guide includes mining bees, cavity-nesting bees and cuckoo bees. Co-created with Buglife.
- Butterflies - The FSC Butterflies guide features all 60 wild butterflies found in Britain and Ireland. It’s designed for speedy butterfly identification in the field, with colour life-size paintings of each butterfly by acclaimed artist Richard Lewington. We have shown both upper wings and under wings, so you can identify butterflies in flight and at rest. Similar looking butterflies are close to each other for easy comparison. Making a butterfly list is a great first step into wildlife identification. Co-created with Butterfly Conservation.
- Day-flying moths - Although most moths fly at night, many are active during the day. A surprising number can be seen in gardens. Featuring 103 species which fly in the daytime, including tiger moths, burnet moths and clearwings. We have included a few very common species that are are regularly disturbed from vegetation.
- Hawkmoths - Britain’s largest moths are surprisingly common. Beautifully illustrated by Richard Lewington, this is a guide to both adults and caterpillars of all 18 British species of these spectacular insects.
- Shieldbugs - Although not as well known as butterflies, bees and ladybirds, shieldbugs are a spectacular group of insects. The FSC Shieldbugs guide features colour photographs of 45 shieldbugs and leatherbugs from Britain and Ireland. Co-created with the Royal Entomological Society.
Each pack includes a card-sized magnifier, so you can get in even closer to the details.