+44 1803 865913
By: Ramakrishna Wusirika(Editor), Martin Bohn(Editor), Jinsheng Lai(Editor), Chittaranjan Kole(Editor)
310 pages, 10 colour & 11 b/w illustrations
Sequencing of the maize genome has opened up new opportunities in maize breeding, genetics and genomics research. Genetics, Genomics and Breeding of Maize highlights modern trends in development of hybrids, analysis of genetic diversity, molecular breeding, comparative and functional genomics, epigenomicsand proteomics in maize. The use of maize in biofuels, phytoremediation and pharmaceuticals is also highlighted. Current research trends, future research directions and challenges are discussed by a panel of experts from all over the world.
- Essential Information, Kefeng Li and Wusirika Ramakrishna
- Genetics, Martin Bohn
- Breeding and Diversity, Major M. Goodman, James B. Holland, and J. Jesus Sanchez G.
- Genomic Distribution of Genetic Diversity in Elite Maize Germplasm, Christine Hainey, J. AntoniRafalski, Michael Hanafey, Ying Zhang, William Krespan, Stanley D. Luck, Oscar S. Smith andGeoff Graham, and Scott Tingey
- Genetic Inference on Quantitative Traits through Linkage and Association Studies, Seth C. Murray and Randall J. Wisser
- Molecular Breeding for Tropical Maize Improvement, BM Prasanna, Raman Babu, Sudha Nair, Kassa Semagn, Vijay Chaikam, Jill Cairns, Xuecai Zhang, Yunbi Xu, and Michael Olsen
- Genome Sequencing, Jinsheng Lai
- Comparative Genomics, Rafi Shaik and Wusirika Ramakrishna,
- Functional Genomics, Christine M. Gaultand and A. Mark Settles
- Epigenomics, Thelma F. Madzima, Amy Sloan, Linda Stroud, and Karen M. McGinnis
- Proteomic Research Progress in Maize Development, Stress Response and Heterosis, Jihua Tang, Zhiyuan Fu, and Baichen Wang
- Databases, Mary Schaeffer
- Sustainable Use of Maize in Biofuels, Phytoremediation and Pharmaceuticals, RupaliDatta and Geoffrey Kinrad
- Future Prospects, James A. Birchler and Mei Guo
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is one of my favorite vendors.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985