This book presents the results of studies from various disciplines whose common goal is to better understand the complex geodynamic processes that exist along the Pacific margin of Mexico. The seventeen papers include contributions in the fields of seismology, marine geophysics, geomorphology, petrology, geodesy, and subductology presented by investigators from Mexico, France, Spain, and the USA. These contributions illustrate why the Mexican Pacific margin is fertile ground for investigating a wide and rare combination of current geodynamic processes such as subduction, continental rifting and associated seismicity, deformations and magmatism. The volume will be useful to a diverse group of investigators whose interests include the geodynamics of western Mexico in particular, and geodynamics in general.
- Introduction by William L. Bandy, Yuri Taran, Carlos Mortera Gutierrez, Vladimir Kostoglodov
- The 2010 Mw 7.2 El Mayor-Cucapah Earthquake Sequence, Baja California, Mexico and Southernmost California, USA: Active Seismotectonics Along the Mexican Pacific Margin by Egill Hauksson, Joann Stock, Kate Hutton, Wenzheng Yang, J. Antonio Vidal-Villegas, Hiroo Kanamori
- Location of Moderate-Sized Earthquakes Recorded by the NARS-Baja Array in the Gulf of California Region Between 2002 and 2006 by Raul R. Castro, Arturo Perez-Vertti, Ignacio Mendez, Antonio Mendoza, Luis Inzunza - Using an Enhanced Dataset for Reassessing the Source Region of the 2003 Armeria, Mexico Earthquake by Francisco J. Nunez-Cornu, Marta Rutz-Lopez, Victor Marquez-Ramirez, Carlos Suarez-Plascencia, Elizabeth Trejo-Gomez - Volcanic Markers of the Post-Subduction Evolution of Baja California and Sonora, Mexico: Slab Tearing Versus Lithospheric Rupture of the Gulf of California by Thierry Calmus, Carlos Pallares, Rene C. Maury, Alfredo Aguillon-Robles, Herve Bellon, Mathieu Benoit, Fran#ois Michaud
- Double-Difference Relocation of the Aftershocks of the Tecom#n, Colima, Mexico Earthquake of 22 January 2003 by Vanessa Andrews, Joann Stock, Carlos Ariel Ramirez Vazquez, Gabriel Reyes-Davila
- Source Characteristics of the 22 January 2003 Mw=7.5 Tecoman, Mexico, Earthquake: New Insights by Luis Quintanar, Hector E Rodriguez-Lozoya, Roberto Ortega, Juan M Gomez Gonzalez, Tonatiuh Dominguez, Clara Javier, Leonardo Alcantara and Cecilio J. Rebollar
- Influence of the Rivera-Cocos Plate Boundary Geodynamics on Earthquake Intensity Patterns: the 9 October 1995 (Mw 8.0) and 21 (22) January 2003 (Mw 7.5) Earthquakes by Vyacheslav M. Zobin
- Active Deformation along the Southern End of the Tosco-Abreojos Fault System: New Insights from Multibeam Swath Bathymetry by Francois Michaud, Thierry Calmus, Gueorgui Ratzov, Jean-Yves Royer, Marc Sosson, Florence Bigot-Cormier, William Bandy and Carlos Mortera Gutierrez
- Imaging the Seismic Crustal Structure of the Western Mexican Margin Between 19 degrees N And 21 degrees N by Rafael Bartolome, Juanjo Danobeitia, Francois Michaud, Diego Cordoba, and Luis A. Delgado-Argote - The Mid-Rivera-Transform Discordance: Morphology and Tectonic Development by William L. Bandy, Francois Michaud, Carlos A. Mortera Gutierrez, Jerome Dyment, Jacques Bourgois, Jean-Yves Royer, Thierry Calmus, Marc Sosson and Jose Ortega-Ramirez - Overview of Recent Coastal Tectonic Deformation in the Mexican Subduction Zone by M. Teresa Ramirez-Herrera, Vladimir Kostoglodov and Jaime Urrutia-Fucugauchi
- Constraints on Jalisco Block Motion and Tectonics of the Guadalajara Triple Junction from 1998 - 2001 Campaign GPS Data by Michelle M. Selvans, Joann M. Stock, Charles DeMets, Osvaldo Sanchez, Bertha Marquez-Azua - Imaging the Moho and Subducted Oceanic Crust at the Isthmus of Tehuantepec, Mexico, from Receiver Functions by Diego Melgar and Xyoli Perez-Campos
- An Evaluation of Proposed Mechanisms of Slab Flattening in Central Mexico by Steven M. Skinner and Robert W. Clayton
- Flat-Slab Thermal Structure and Evolution Beneath Central Mexico by Vlad C. Manea, and Marina Manea
- Curie Point Depth Estimates and Correlation With Subduction in Mexico by Marina Manea and Vlad C. Manea
- Evaluation of Recent Tectonomagmatic Discrimination Diagrams and their Application to the Origin of Basic Magmas in Southern Mexico and Central America by Surendra P. Verma, Sanjeet K. Verma, Kailasa Pandarinath, and Maria Abdelaly Rivera-Gomez
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!