+44 1803 865913
Getting Published provides a complete guide for all who need to write effectively and share their work with others through academic publication. Getting Published focuses on how to develop a successful academic writing voice, and introduces practices, techniques and guidance to support all aspects of the writing process.
PART I: WHY WRITE? FORMS OF ACADEMIC WRITING AND HOW TO GO ABOUT WRITING THEM
2. Why Are We Writing? Setting Up Effective Writing Practices, Managing Time, Space And Writing Energy
3. Writing For And Publishing In Academic Journals
4. Writing For And Publishing In Books
5. Writing For Academic Publication When English Is Not Your First Language
PART II: A CLOSER LOOK AT THE PROCESS
6. Writing From Research And Practice - Planning And Writing Different Parts Of The Thesis Or Article
7. Writing Literature Reviews And Thinking About Methodology And Methods
8. Writing Abstracts And Conclusions: Emphasising Meaning And Worth
9. Developing Good Writing According To Structures
10. Publishing From Your Phd
PART III: THE WRITING PROCESS AND YOU
11. Finding And Developing Your Voice In The Disciplines
12. Managing Time, Overcoming Blocks And Getting The Writing Done
13. Writing Creatively And Reflectively To Support Your Academic Writing For Publication
PART IV: LEARNING FROM FEEDBACK, AND PLAYING A FULL PART IN THE WORLD OF WRITING
14. Responding To Feedback
15. Turning Your Conference Presentation Or Paper Into A Publication
16. Writing For Online Outlets And Publications
17. Edited Books And New Editions
18. You're Not Alone - Developing And Working With Writing Groups, Communities And Critical Friends
19. The Politics And Impact Of Writing For Academic Publication
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Gina Wisker is Head of the Centre for Learning and Teaching at the University of Brighton, UK.
Your orders support book donation projects
I would not hesitate for one second to use your company again and recommend you to others. Marks out of 10? Around 99!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985