+44 1803 865913
By: Rowena Maguire(Author)
374 pages, tables
Global Forest Governance provides insightful legal analysis of the current key policy trends and the challenges surrounding international forest regulation. Global Forest Governance identifies the fundamental legal principles and the governance requirements of sustainable forest management. An analytical model for assessing forest regulation is created which identifies the doctrinal concepts that underpin forest regulation (justice, property, sovereignty and governance). It also highlights the dominant public international institutions involved in forest regulation (UNFF, UNFCCC and WB) which is followed by analysis of non-state international forest regulation (forest certification and ecosystem markets). Global Forest Governance concludes by making a number of practical recommendations for reform of global forest governance arrangements and suggested reforms for individual international forest institutions. Global Forest Governance will appeal to academics, policymakers, international environmental researchers, government officials involved in forest regulation and environmental regulation more broadly.
Part I: Overview
Part II: The Doctrinal Concepts Underpinning Forest Regulation
2. Considerations of Justice in Forest Regulation
3. Legal Concepts Creating Forest Rights and Limitations
4. The Governance of Forest Resources Sustainably
Part III: International Regulation by Public Forest Institutions
5. The Role of the United Nations Forum on Forests
6. Regulation of Forests by the International Climate Change Regime
7. Regulation of Forest Resources by the World Bank
Part IV: Regulation by Non-state Forest Institutions
8. The Legal Requirements of Forestry Markets
9. Forest Certification Schemes
10. Evaluation and Recommendations
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
Such prompt and efficient service is rare nowadays.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985