+44 1803 865913
By: David A Sear, Malcolm D Newson and Colin R Thorne
The practical application of geomorphological science now forms a regular part of any project involving flood protection, fisheries, conservation, recreation, environmental protection and river restoration. The responsibilities now placed upon organisations by the EU Water Framework Directive to assess river morphology will ensure that the uptake of geomorphology continues and expands.
Topics featured include:
- Channel form and change, sediment systems, and catchment issues
- Example applications from flood control projects, bank erosion problems, and rehabilitation and restoration schemes
- A range of site-specific applications of geomorphology
In this book the authors use their extensive experience gained through fieldwork, analysis, and input to the design process to:
- Provide a thorough understanding of geomorphology in the river environment;
- Demonstrate the significance of considering geomorphological processes in river management projects;
- Describe effective ways to incorporate geomorphological science into river engineering and management;
- Indicate when to seek expert advice
This guidebook will prove a valuable source of information on the principles and application of fluvial geomorphology for anyone involved in river engineering and management, including flood management, fisheries, conservation, ecology, recreation, hydrometry, environmental assessment, landscape architecture and water quality.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is a national institution, not to say an international one, in the world of natural history!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985