395 pages, b/w illustrations, tables
The thoroughly revised second edition of this authoritative Handbook, complete with new chapters, comprehensively examines the current status and future directions of model-based systems in decision support and their application to sustainable development planning.
The Handbook presents a full review of model-based applications in sustainable development planning, paying particular attention to environment disaster, ecosystem management, energy, infrastructure development, and agricultural systems, amongst other contemporary issues. Conceptual and policy oriented papers debate the future directions of model-based sustainable development planning.
Given the rise in prominence of sustainable development planning in recent years, this Handbook will be invaluable to a wide-ranging audience including NGOs, planners, consultants, policymakers, and academics.
Acclaim for the first edition:
'The Handbook of Sustainable Development Planning is perfect for readers in different professions who deal with planning and development management. It contains interesting theoretical considerations, provokes discussion, and provides new perspectives for the analysis of sustainable development processes. The cases presented illustrate the complexity of the issues relating to sustainable development and show how modeling can support policy and decision making processes.'
– Miroslaw Grochowski, Geographia Polonica
PART I: MODELLING FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
1. Application of Decision Support Tools in Sustainable Development Planning: Review and Analysis
M.A. Quaddus and M.A.B. Siddique
2. Modelling Sustainable Development
3. Measuring Sustainable Development
4. Modelling Long-term Sustainability
5. Economics, Ecology and GMOs: Sustainability, Precaution and Related Issues
PART II: CASE STUDIES
6. Decision Support for Environmental Disaster Planning
Aybüke Aurum, Meliha Handzic and Christine Van Toorn
7. Using Data Envelopment Analysis for Ecoefficiency Evaluation
Joseph Sarkis and Srinivas Talluri
8. Hierarchical Framework for Evaluating Mine Projects for Sustainability: A Case Study from India
M.A. Quaddus and Kampan Mukherjee
9. Resources, Pollution and Sustainable Energy Policies: The Case of Pakistan
Land and Water Management
10. Modeling Sustainable Water Prices
11. Dynamics and Sustainability of Mediterranean Traditional Irrigated Lands
Julia Martínez Fernández, Miguel Angel Esteve Selma, Isabel Banos, Francisca Carreño and Angeles Moreno
12. Aquaculture and Sustainable Development: Allowing for Environmental Externalities and Common-pool Resources
13. Decision Support Systems for Ecosystems Management: A Singerian Approach to Urban Infrastructure Decision Making
James F. Courtney, Sandra Richardson and David Paradice
14. Infrastructure Development as a Policy Lever for Sustainable Development
Khalid Saeed and Honggang Xu
PART III: FUTURE DIRECTIONS
15. Sustainable Development Planning and DSS Tools: What’s Next?
M.A.B. Siddique and M.A. Quaddus
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!