Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
The Heated Bat Roost Box is an easy to install, heated bat box. The box requires no wiring and is ready to plug directly into the mains. The temperature is controlled with an external thermostat, designed to go inside the building and connected to the bat box by a 10 metre cable. The bat box is made from FSC certified exterior grade plywood, with ceramic inserts and a ceramic heating element. The warm interior makes this box perfect for large colonies or as a maternity unit for small crevice-dwelling bats such as common pipistrelles, soprano pipistrelles and barbastelle bats. The three internal crevices provide the bats with a range of temperature zones to choose from. The Heated Bat Roost Box is particularly valuable for replacing roosts close to artificial heat sources, such as heating pipes.
* Draught-proofing enhances temperature stability inside the box.
* Textured internal surfaces ensure bats find it easy to move around
* Ceramic heater (50W) protected with wireframe fireguard for bats safety.
* Self regulating ceramic heater protects against overheating.
* Electrical connections waterproofed to IP66 standards.
* Controller sounds an alarm if it detects disconnection or the temperature is too high.
* Status display on temperature controller shows current temperature and whether the heater is on.
Heating: 50W ceramic heating
Material: FSC certified exterior grade plywood