+44 1803 865913
By: Murray Maclean
200 pages, 20 col photos, 180 b/w photos
In recent years there has been a much greater appreciation of the enormous contribution that hedges make to the countryside. Today, their beauty, their ability to provide wind protection and contain livestock, their environmental importance and their significance as a wildlife habitat, are all widely recognized. Not surprisingly, this transformation in the way we view hedges has, in turn, produced a welcome revival in the ancient craft of hedgelaying.
Whether you own hedges, are thinking of growing them, or just have an interest in hedgerows this fascinating, well-illustrated book will be of value to you.
Hedges and Hedgelaying contains of wealth of practical information and covers:
* The selection of hedgerow shrubs and trees and the associated significance of soil types and topography.
* The planting of hedges and the necessary preparation work.
* The use of trees in the hedgerow and the value of field margins.
* Weed, pest and disease control, and hedge cutting, maintenance and protection.
* The craft of hedgelaying and the tools and processes involved.
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
We have always been very happy with NHBS service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985