671 pages, no illustrations
Practical and informative, a long overdue textbook, essential for those involved in prescribing herbal medicines. This is the ultimate text of clinical conditions and their treatment using herbal medications written by a medical herbalist and naturopath in practice.
- 671 pages. Packed with research and detailed information on herbal medicines
- Easy to access detailed Pharmacopoeia of information on 413 Herbal Medicines
- 41 Chapters with clear descriptions including: Aetiology, Herbal Pharmacy, Typology, How to get the patient better, Emergency Herbal Medicine, Cardiology, Dermatology, Physiomedicalism, Tropical disease, Gastro-enterology, Gynaecology, Herbal research, Potent oncology, Neurology, Vital Force, Rheumatology, Pathology, Urology, Prognosis, Geriatrics, Endocrinology, Paediatrics, Nutrition - vitamin, mineral and trace element doses and usage, Food regime and nutrition advice and Flower remedy indications
- Chapters link the herbal approach to herbal and Naturopathic treatment
"A treasury of thoroughly researched information from an author with a wealth of practical experience as a Medical Herbalist and Naturopath. The Neurology chapter is of value for practitioners working with clients who have mental or emotional distress. Christopher Menzies-Trull's succinct and highly readable style engages the reader and makes this compendium very difficult to put down."
– Dr Emily Lyons M.B. Ch.B. [Psychiatrist]
"The herbal pharmacy and herbal pharmacology sections of this book are comprehensive, meticulous, and well-referenced. Not only are methods of extraction and formulation carefully explained, but the reasons behind certain processes are also given, together with examples, helping the reader to develop their own expertise based on sound knowledge and understanding. So this is a textbook, a reference book, and a practical manual – all in one volume."
– Prof Elizabeth M Williamson, Editor, Phytotherapy Research. The School of Pharmacy, University of Reading
"It was with great pleasure that I was asked to review Chris Menzies-Trull's book on herbal medicine as I know of him by reputation as an eminent herbalist and naturopath. The book did not disappoint. This is a very clear and comprehensive account of natural healing, its principles and practice, through naturopathy and herbal medicine. Such texts are much needed in these times as ill-health and disease become more common and deep seated. The book is suffused with the energetic principles which underpin natural medicine - an essential resource for practitioners."
– Dr Stephen Gascoigne M.B. Ch.B. [Medical doctor, Herbalist]
- Philosophy and Practice
- Health conditions with Herbal, Naturopathic and Nutritional treatments with prescriptions
- Pharmacology and Herbal Pharmacy
- Pharmacopoeia of 413 finely detailed Herbal Medicine monographs
Detailed remedy locators with extensive information:
- Remedy title [botanical and English names]
- Herbal activity
- Medicinal indications
- Tissue conditions
- External uses
- Dosage and mode of application
- Emergency Herbal Medicine and Pyrexia.
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!