With c. 4460 taxa (species and subspecies) of vascular plants, Morocco is clearly the most species-rich country in North Africa. Illustrated Flora of Morocco opens the door to a more profound knowledge of its flora, not only for the specialist but for anyone with an interest in nature and travelling. The book includes:
- An introduction to the vegetation and flora of Morocco.
- A complete inventory of all vascular plant species, autochthonous or naturalized. Where it might be of general interest, also subspecies have been included.
- 7150 illustrations, most of them colour photos of living plants, including many detail photos in the case of „difficult“ groups (e.g. “grasses” in a broader sense).
- Photos of dried vouchers or line drawings in cases where colour photos were not available. Thus, only a marginal rest of very rare or hardly ever collected species has escaped illustration. But these rarities still are described in the text.
- A small distribution map for each taxon, which also includes concise information regarding altitudinal distribution, flowering time, live cycle, occurrence in neighbouring countries etc.
- Short mention of important diacritical characteristics in cases were determinations by photos might deliver ambiguous results.