+44 1803 865913
Designed to be built into a new build or renovation, these bat boxes will provide a permanent roost space for a range of species. Sized to replace six standard UK bricks, they can be built directly into the masonry where they will be held in place by the surrounding mortar. No additional fixings are required and, once in position, the boxes are self cleaning. Any bat droppings will fall out of the opening at the base.
The box has an external shell of UV stabilised recycled plastic which provides a weatherproof and long lasting finish. Inside of this is a wooden box made from FSC certified orientated strand board which provides a warm and comfortable roost for the bats. The box can be purchased with either a cavity or crevice design. The cavity box has a single internal space which is 60mm wide whilst the crevice box has two internal chambers which are each 20mm wide. Both boxes have rough walls and roof which are ideal for bats to hang from. Choose from either a red or green finish.
Boxes should be sited as high as possible in a sheltered position. If possible, more than one box should be put up on different sides of the building: this will provide the bats with a range of positions and temperatures to choose from.
* Materials: Recycled LDPE plastic outer with internal FSC OSB roost chamber
* Construction: Outer panels welded, internal chamber formed from stapled panels
* Finish: Black carcass with red or green front panels
* Dimensions: 44cm H x 21.5cm W x 11.1cm D
* Entrance: 17mm wide
* Internal (Cavity): Open roost chamber, 60mm wide
* Internal (Crevice): Two crevices, 22mm wide
* Weight: 3kg
* Access: No access once fitted, self cleaning, droppings fall out of entrance slot
* Fixing: Held in brickwork by mortar/sealant
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is my favorite supplier (very professional and fast). Bravo!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985