20 step-by-step eco-projects for budding preschool ecologists.
Calling all young eco-warriors and their parents. This fun and exciting book is filled with nature-themed eco-projects for children. It's a gentle introduction to topical issues in the world today, such as climate change, conservation, and recycling – ideal for curious children who want to make a difference.
Look I'm an Ecologist allows young readers to do what they do best: imagine, create, learn, problem-solve, and play their way to a greener planet. Inside you'll find:
- A wide range of activities with an environmental focus supported by simple information, so young readers understand the issues faced by our planet in a play-based, hands-on, and child-friendly context
- Easy to find and internationally available materials and resources
- Projects designed to be shared and enjoyed by children and parents or carers
- Visual step-by-step instructions allow young children to access every part of the activity – from set-up to sensory exploration and conclusion, making them actively responsible for their learning
- An expertly written book by environmentalist and zoo learning manager Cathriona Hickey, who has vast experience in communicating science and ecology topics to young children
This charming arts and crafts book for children will help them discover that they already have what they need to become an ecologist: a curious mind, unlimited imagination, and super senses. Little ones can explore a wide range of projects, including building a bird feeder, making compost, painting pebbles, weaving a spider's web, growing plants, and even building a model of a rockpool.
The practical activities support nursery and primary science, geography, and PSHE national school curriculum with clear pictures and easy-to-follow instructions. This nature book children kids will show them how fun it is to be green and use their senses to explore the natural world.