+44 1803 865913
By: Patricia Armati(Editor), Christopher R Dickman(Editor), Ian Hume(Editor)
373 pages, 68 b/w photos and b/w illustrations
This 2006 book examines the exciting discoveries in the study of marsupials of the last 20 years. These discoveries have led to significant developments in our understanding of this unique group of mammals. The impact of these developments have been such that marsupials are coming to be seen as model organisms in studies of life history evolution, ageing and senescence, sex determination and the development and regeneration of the nervous system. Marsupials brings together information scattered throughout the primary literature. Coverage includes evolutionary history and management strategies as well as all aspects of basic biology. A complete listing of known species and a comprehensive list of references make this a unique repository of information on this fascinating group of animals.
"A good resource for an upper-level undergraduate course in marsupial biology."
- Journal of Mammalian Evolution
1. The evolution and classification of marsupials M. Archer and J. Kirsch
2. What marsupials can do for genetics and what genetics can do for marsupials W. Sherwin and J. A. Marshall Graves
3. Reproduction G. Shaw
4. Lactation A. Krockenberger
5. Nutrition and digestion I. D. Hume
6. The nervous system J. Nelson and P Armati
7. The immunolymphatic system P. Cisternas and P. Armati
8. Ecology and life histories C. Dickman and E. Vieira
9. Behaviour of marsupials D. B. Croft and J. Eisenberg
10. Conservation and management A. Burbidge and J. Eisenberg
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Patsy Armati is Associate Professor in the School of Biological Sciences, University of Sydney, Australia.
Chris Dickman is Reader in the Institute of Wildlife Research, School of Biological Sciences, University of Sydney, Australia.
Ian Hume is Challis Professor in the School of Biological Sciences, University of Sydney, Australia.
Your orders support book donation projects
EXCELLENT SERVICE FROM NHBS. I will continue to choose them wherever possible for future purchases. Good service deserves to be rewarded.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985