Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
Matheran is a hill station and a municipal council in the Raigad district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Matheran: A Practical Field Guide has been written to open up this area to visitors. This book will help you to successfully plan and execute your trip to Matheran, enabling you to distribute your time between the sight seeing, travel, shopping at the market, eating and resting, making the most of your stay in Matheran.
This book contains:
1. Various scenic points and their colour pictures with description.
2. Colour route map of all the important points you can visit in Matheran.
3. Blow-up detailed colour map of Matheran divided in 3 zones to help you navigate.
4. Perfect geographical map of Matheran – well researched by the author team using GPS.
5. Feature article on what is available in the Matheran market so that you can plan your shopping.
6. Time-table of the Mini-train, ST bus and connecting local trains that bring you to or take you from Neral.
7. Complete list of hotels and their contact numbers.
8. Discovery and history of Matheran with mention of latest developments that Matheran has gone through
9. List of insects, butterflies, moths, reptiles, snakes, with their colour pictures for identification.
10. List of birds with their colour pictures.
11. List of the flora of Matheran complete with family and scientific names & colour pictures, forming an attractive reference for amateurs and a very good check list for the initiated.
12. List of mammals and their colour pictures.
13. List of useful places like library, hospital, police station etc. with their phone numbers.
14. List of various trekking approach routes to Matheran.
16. Technical data – height above sea level, latitude-longitude, rainfall and temperature variations.