+44 1803 865913
The present book summarizes parts of the research made in the Norwegian Multispecies program. This program was initiated by the then Norwegian Council of Fisheries Research, which was later integrated in The Research Council of Norway. Modelling has been a key element in the program. In the first place, modelling, be it singlespecies or multispecies modelling, is an efficient way of summing up existing knowledge, and performing analyses of different types on the basis of it. Furthermore, models may serve as a meeting ground between fishery researchers from different academic fields. This has been an important aspect of the Multispecies program, bringing together oceanographers, biologists, economists, mathematicians and statisticians in fruitful cooperation. That this has proved possible may be taken as an important result of the program. The multispecies aspect has perhaps underscored the need for inter-disciplinary cooperation.
- Ecological Modelling for Fisheries
- Biological Modelling
- System Model (Systmod) for the Norwegian Sea and the Barents Sea
- "Stockfish", a Multispecies Model for Stochastics Analysis
- Bioeconomic Multispecies Model of the Barents Sea Fisheries
- Scenario Barents Sea: A Tool for Evaluating Fisheries Management Regimes
- The Use of Multi-species Models in Fishery Management
- Some Perspectives
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS never fails to deliver
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985