+44 1803 865913
By: Akio Makishima(Author)
255 pages, colour & b/w photos, colour & b/w illustrations, tables
Origins of the Earth, Moon, and Life: An Interdisciplinary Approach presents state-of-the-art knowledge that is based on theories, experiments, observations, calculations, and analytical data from five astro-sciences, astronomy, astrobiology, astrogeology, astrophysics, and cosmochemistry.
Beginning with the origin of elements, and moving on to cover the formation of the early Solar System, the giant impact model of the Earth and Moon, the oldest records of life, and the possibility of life on other planets in the Solar System, this interdisciplinary reference provides a complex understanding of the planets and the formation of life.
Synthesizing concepts from all branches of astro-sciences into one, Origins of the Earth, Moon, and Life is a valuable reference for researchers in astrogeology, astrophysics, cosmochemistry, astrobiology, astronomy, and other space science fields, helping users better understand the intersection of these sciences.
1. Origin of Elements
2. Formation of the Proto-Earth in the Solar Nebula
3. The Giant Impact Made the Present Earth-Moon System
4. What Is the Late Veneer, and Why Is It Necessary?
5. The Age of the Moon
6. Age of the Earth From Geological Records Remaining on the Earth Surface
7. Life on Mars From the Martian Meteorite?
8. The Hadean and Archaean Atmosphere and the Oldest Records of Life as Micro- or Chemofossils
9. How Did Initial Life-Related Molecules Appear on Earth?
10. From Life-Related Molecules to Life
11. Possibility of Life on Other Planetary Bodies in Our Solar System
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Akio Makishima is a Professor for the Institute for Planetary Materials at Okayama University. He obtained his Ph.D. from Tokyo University under supervision of Professor Akimasa Masuda. After three years in the Analytical Research Center of Nippon Steel Co. Ltd, he was appointed assistant professor and finally obtained professorship. His research interests deal primarily with planetary science and geochemistry. He has authored over 60 scientific publications, including one book.
Your orders support book donation projects
Your customer service is outstanding, and I'll definitely refer friends and colleagues to you. May all go well for your company.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985