+44 1803 865913
By: HP Singh(Author), George V Thomas(Author), V Krishnakumar(Author)
343 pages, plates with colour photos; b/w photos, b/w illustrations, tables
From the foreword:
"This book provides a comprehensive coverage of palms giving details such as origin and distribution, morphology, medicinal properties and various value added products of commercially important palms coconut, arecanut, palmyrah palm, date palm and oil palm as well as various ornamental palms for landscape management and much more. A number of palm species discussed herein exemplify the multipurpose character of such palms which merit special consideration for their full range of products rather than for only a single commercial product...I am sure that the wealth of information and references contained in Palms will be of immense value to researchers in general and horticulturists in particular extension workers farmers and agro-industrialist from across the globe, where palm has socio-economic significance. Palms shall also be of much value for the garden enthusiasts wishing to know more about this extensive and economically very important plant family and stimulate readers to grow and use palms."
2. Coconut palm/George V. Thomas and V. Krishnakumar
3. Arecanut palm/D. Balasimha and K.S. Ananda
4. Oil palm/P. Rethinam, P.K. Mandal, R.K. Mathur and P. Murugesan
5. Palmyrah palm/S. Arulraj, P. Nainar, K. Venkatramana and E.G. Ebenezar
6. Date palm/T.A. More, R.S. Singh and S.K. Sharma
7. Exotic ornamental palms/S. Ganeshan, Anuradha Sane, D.L. Shetti and K. Lavanya Devi
8. Ornamental palms for landscaping/H.P. Sumangala and P. Rethinam
9. Common ornamental palms in India/N. Mohanan, R. Raj Vikraman and Joemon Jacob
10. Breeding of palms/R.V. Nair and B.A. Jerard
11. Biotechnology and genomics in palms/R. Manimekalai, M.K. Rajesh and K.P. Manju
12. Phytoplasmal diseases of palms/R. Manimekali and O. M. Roshna
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
I don't know how you got a book printed 26 years ago in the conditions that I received it (like new) but you do it! ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985