This special issue covers nutrition, health, care, and species-specific breeding. It contains new, bundled expertise and practical help for successful rearing from professional breeders and experienced veterinarians.
Amongst the specialist topics covered are:
- Eggs and hatching: what can the breeder do?
- Mastering artificial brooding and hand-rearing.
- Actively accompanying natural brooding.
- The rearing phases in practice.
- Hygiene in everyday life.
- Necessary health care.
- Recognising infections/viruses.
- Physical diseases: Malpositions, splay legs, skeleton.
- DNA analysis and sexing.
- Ringing, marking.
- Right of purchase (buying and selling).
Plus: a practical chapter on raising Amazons, Macaws, Australian Parakeets, Eclectus Parrots, Fig Parrots, Grey Parrots, White and Black Cockatoos, Poicephalus, Loris, Pionus, South American Parakeets, Lovebirds, and Caiques.