+44 1803 865913
By: Paul J Crutzen(Editor), Hans Günter Brauch(Editor)
267 pages, 30 colour & 28 b/w illustrations
Paul J. Crutzen: A Pioneer on Atmospheric Chemistry, Biosphere, and Climate in the Anthropocene contains texts by the Nobel laureate Paul J. Crutzen who is best known for his research on ozone depletion. It comprises Crutzen's autobiography, several pictures documenting important stages of his life, and his most important scientific publications. The Dutch atmospheric chemist is one of the world's most cited scientists in geosciences. His political engagement makes him a tireless ambassador for environmental issues such as climate change. He popularized the term 'Anthropocene' for the current geological era acknowledging the enduring influence of humankind on planet Earth. This concept conceives humans to be a geologic factor, influencing the evolution of our globe and the living beings populating it. The selection of texts is representing Paul Crutzen's scientific oeuvre as his research interests span from ozone depletion to the climatic impacts of biomass burning, the consequences of a worldwide atomic war – the Nuclear Winter – to geoengineering and the Anthropocene.
- The Background of an Ozone Researcher: A Brief Autobiography
- Complete Bibliography of the Writings of Paul J. Crutzen (1965-2014)
- The Influence of Nitrogen Oxides on Atmospheric Ozone Content
- Biomass Burning as a Source of Atmospheric Gases CO2, H2, N2O, NO, CH3Cl and COS
- The Atmosphere after a Nuclear War: Twilight at Noon
- Nitric-acid Cloud Formation in the Cold Antarctic Stratosphere - A Major Cause for the Springtime Ozone Hole
- Biomass Burning in the Tropics: Impact on Atmospheric Chemistry and Biogeochemical Cycles
- A Mechanism for Halogen Release from Sea-salt Aerosol in the Remote Marine Boundary Layer
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Paul. J. Crutzen received the Nobel Prize in Chemistry with Mario J. Molina and F. Sherwood Rowland in 1995.He has triggered global policy debates on nuclear winter, Anthropocene and sustainability.
Your orders support book donation projects
Your quick and straightforward service saved the fieldwork for my PhD project in Kerala.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985