Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
Pest and Disease Management for Organic Farmers, Growers and Smallholders is a comprehensive book covering all aspects of the subject in temperate areas. Incorporating the most up-do-date thinking on organic pest and disease management, it is an essential reference work for all those wishing to develop a good understanding of the subject.
The authors provide a practical guide to organic pest and disease management practices. They advocate a whole-farm approach to pest and disease management, which uses rotations and the full farm landscape to manage pest and disease outbreaks.
The book covers:
- The scientific principles underlying pest and disease management in organic systems
- Long-term preventative methods, based on sensitive landscape management, and shorter-term reactive measures
- The cost implications of different approaches
- The monitoring and decision-making processes that farmers and growers should use
- The key pests and diseases of field vegetables, cereals and green manures, and their management in organic systems
Gareth Davies, Phil Sumption and Anton Rosenfeld work as part of the Organic Research and Development programme of Garden Organic [formerly the Henry Doubleday Research Association], a charitable organisation dedicated to research into, and the promotion of, organic gardening, farming and food. Each of them has a strong record in practical organic farming research, especially in organic horticulture, and have played a prominent part in the development and sharing of knowledge about pest and disease management in organic farming systems.