Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
Plant Ecology in China presents a compilation of 16 new articles on plant ecological research in China concurrently published in 2010 in a special issue of the journal, Plant Ecology. It provides an introduction to plant ecology in China, identifying recent trends in research and numbers of publications in English language outlets, and a bibliography of articles published in Plant Ecology since 1997.
Plant Ecology in China highlights how the internationalization of science is now providing the non-Chinese research community with detailed information on pure and applied research in China spanning all areas of plant ecology.
- Plant ecology in China; N.J. Enright, K.-F. Cao
- Plant species composition in green spaces within the built-up areas of Beijing, China; J. Zhao et al.
- The dynamics of ecosystem restoration: theoretical considerations on the basis of species richness; Z. Wang
- Population variation of invasive Spartina alterniflora can differentiate bacterial diversity in its rhizospere; M. Nie et al.
- The reproductive success of Ficus altissima and its pollinator in a strongly seasonal environment: Xishuangbanna, Southwestern China; Y.-Q. Peng et al.
- The effects of dispersal limitation and topographic heterogeneity on beta diversity and phylobetadiversity in a subtropical forest; Y. Bin et al.
- Effects of litter quality and climate change along an elevation gradient on litter mass loss in an alpine meadow ecosystem on the Tibetan plateau; G. Xu et al.
- Conversion of secondary broadleaved forest into Chinese fir plantation alters litter production and potential nutrient returns; Q. Wang et al.
- Responses of saltcedar (Tamarix chinensis) to water table depth and soil salinity in the Yellow River Delta, China; B. Cui et al.
- Large acorns benefit seedling recruitment by satiating weevil larvae in Quercus aliena; X.F. Yi, Y.Q. Yang
- Flower heliotropism of Anemone rivularis (Ranunculaceae) in the Himalayas: effects on floral temperature and reproductive fitness; S. Zhang et al.
- Moss is a key nurse plant for reintroduction of the endangered herb, Primulina tabacum Hance; H. Ren et al.
- Trade-offs between flowering time, plant height, and seed size within and across 11 communities of a Qing-Hai-Tibetan flora; G. Du, W. Qi
- The response of ecosystem CO2 exchange to small precipitation pulses over a temperature steppe; Y. Hao et al.
- Application of geographically weighted regression in estimating the effect of climate and site conditions on vegetation distribution in Haihe Catchment, China; N. Zhao et al.
- Nutlet dimorphism in individual flowers of two cold desert annual Lappula species (Boraginaceae): implications for escape by offspring in time and space; W.B. Ma et al.
- Response of leaf anatomy of Chenopodium acuminatum to soil resource availability in a semi-arid grassland; F.-S. Chen et al.