By: Dharam P Abrol
792 pages, colour photos, colour & b/w illustrations, tables
This book discusses the interplay between pollinators, agriculture, and the environment. The book is an unique blend of pure and applied science placed in the broader human social context. It deals with basic and applied aspects of pollination biology. The chapters on pollination energetics, climate change, pollinator decline, biochemical basis of plant-pollination interaction, pollinators as bioindicators of ecosystem functioning, consequences of introduced honeybees upon native bee communities and capacity building are innovative and provide a base for future insights into pollination biology. The book will be useful to pollination biologists, students, teachers, scientists of agriculture, animal behaviour, botany, conservation, biology, ecology, entomology, environmental biology, forestry, genetics, plant breeding, horticulture, toxicology, zoology, seed growers and seed agencies.
2. Historical perspective
3. Pollination-basic concepts
4. Applied pollination- present scenario
5. Honeybees and crop pollination
6. Wild bees and crop pollination
7. Value of bee pollination
8. Planned honeybee pollination for crop production
9. Non bee pollinators-plant interaction
10. Safety of pollinators
11. Pollination in cages
12. Pollination for hybrid seed production
13. Biochemical basis of plant-pollination interaction
14. Pollination energetic
15. Climate change and pollinators
16. Pollinators as bioindicators of ecosystem functioning
17. Decline in Pollinators
18. The Problem of Diseases in Bees
19. Consequences of introduced honeybees upon native bee communities
20. Genetically modified plants and bees
21. Conservation of pollinators for crop plants and wildlife
22. The role of pollination in improving food security and livelihoods
23. Capacity building and awareness for pollinators
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
The author is a well known bee scientist, honoured with several national and international awards. He has published over 200 original research papers, authored 10 books and visited Switzerland, Poland, South Korea and several other countries as special invitee.
Your orders support book donation projects
On behalf of Parque Nacional Nahuel Huapi I would like to thank NHBS. The book will be very useful for my students.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985