Now in its fifth edition, Sasol Birds of Southern Africa has been brought fully up to date by its expert author panel, with additional contributions from two new birding experts.
Greatly enhanced, the fifth edition of this comprehensive, best-selling guide features:
- More than 1,000 new illustrations
- Playback of bird calls by means of barcodes that can be scanned with a smartphone, using the free, downloadable app
- Fully revised text (with the latest species records), maps and plate annotations
- Fresh input from new contributing authors
- Comprehensive coverage of the region’s birds
Ian Sinclair is one of Africa’s foremost fi eld birders and has authored or co-authored over 20 bird books. Phil Hockey (1956–2013), former Director of the Fitz Institute at UCT, was a recognised authority on the biology of southern African birds. Warwick Tarboton is a well-known bird expert and writer who has produced a number of well-received books. Peter Ryan is Director of the Fitz Institute at UCT and has authored
several books on the region’s birds. Niall Perrins is a dedicated birder, photographer and bird guide. Dominic Rollinson holds a PhD in seabird conservation and works as a bird guide.