The soils are fundamental to our existence, delivering water and nutrients to plants, that feed us. But they are in many ways in danger and their conservation is therefore a most important focus for science, governments and society as a whole. A team of world recognised researchers have prepared this first English edition based on the 16th European edition.
- The precursors and the processes of soil development
- The physical, biological and chemical properties of soils
- Nutrients and Pollutants
- The various soil classifications with the main focus on the World Reference Base for Soil Resources (WRB)
- The most important soils and soil landscapes of the world
- Soil Evaluation Techniques
- Basic Principles of Soil Conservation