+44 1803 865913
Series: Hazards and Disasters
By: Wilfried Haeberli(Editor), Colin Whiteman(Editor), John F Shroder, Jr.(Editor)
812 pages, 150 colour illustrations
Snow and Ice-Related Hazards, Risks, and Disasters provides you with the latest scientific developments in glacier surges and melting, ice shelf collapses, paleo-climate reconstruction, sea level rise, climate change implications, causality, impacts, preparedness, and mitigation. It takes a geo-scientific approach to the topic while also covering current thinking about directly related social scientific issues that can adversely affect ecosystems and global economies.
- Glacier Surges
- Ice-shelf Collapse
- Spatial variability of rates & acceleration of ice mass loss & contribution to sea-level rise
- Most likely cumulative sea-level rise by decade
- Permafrost loss by decade
- Decadal contributions to atmospheric change by permafrost loss
- Sea ice and icebergs
- Implications of Climate Change
- Cryospheric changes & feedbacks to weather changes
- Community responses & preparedness to cryospheric changes
- Economics of cryospheric changes
- Infrastructure development in light of associated coastal & other changes
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is my favorite supplier (very professional and fast). Bravo!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985